Diversified across core economic sectors
Mesabi Metallics Company LLC (MMCL) is setting up a world-class, fully integrated 21 MTPA mining, 7 MTPA beneficiation and 7 MTPA pelletisation facility in Nashwauk, Minnesota. The project site is located on the western edge of the Mesabi iron range in Itasca County in the State of Minnesota, United States, the largest of the four major iron ranges in the region.
PT MBL is a high grade thermal coal mine located in the rich coal belt region of East Kalimantan, Indonesia. With quality upwards of 5000 Kcal/Kg, it has a reserve base of 72 million tonnes of proven reserves, and another 15-20 million tonnes expected as upside. The project is in proximity to its own captive jetty on the Mahakam River. The project is in advanced stage of development, having invested US$ 180 mn+ till date. It is fully permitted with IUP in place, and commercial operations are expected in Q4FY22.
Ready for immediate start of production
- Amongst very few premium quality coal mines left in Indonesia, this grade of coal attracts premium over the typical ICI index on account of the limited availability of the mineral
- Investor will get an opportunity to invest in an asset which is substantially de-risked as land acquisition and permits & approvals are already in place
- Haul Road Construction and Over Burden Removal under progress. Coal Evacuation likely by Q4FY22
- Ramp up in mining operations with own infrastructure in 18 months
- Asset will have positive cash flows from the first year itself
Essar Minerals and Metals is a 14-MTPA Iron Ore Pellet project in Odisha, India, which will cater to the rising steel demand. With a vision to produce environmentally compliant pellets, Minmet will deliver high quality pellets of DR and BF grade. In line with Essar’s ESG-centric policy, the facility will use state-of-the-art environment friendly technology to ensure low carbon emission. Slurry pipeline, return water line, etc will also be installed to contribute to environment protection and conservation. India is the 2nd largest producer of steel with 110 MTPA production in FY20, and is expected to reach 300 MTPA by FY31. The Indian steel sector is expected to have a large demand for pellets.
To cater to strong domestic demand and rising Electric Arc Furnace (EAF) demand globally
- Located in the iron ore rich belt of Odisha
- Rising EAF production globally due to decarbonisation by steel majors will drive demand for pellets. Domestic demand will also rise substantially on back of strong steel production
- Low Cost Model – Beneficiation plant located in close proximity to iron ore mines, and the pellet plant is strategically located at Paradip port
- Project is with a strong financial viability
Essar is investing in building a 4-MTPA steel plant in Ras Al-Khair, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA). It is poised to be the largest integrated flat steel complex across entire MENA (Middle East & North Africa) region. The project would use environment-friendly technology to establish a future-ready facility, with the flexibility to use Hydrogen as the reducing agent in the DRI plant. It would be equipped with by-product heat recovery systems to ensure minimum CO2 generation. Land allocation of approx. 315 hectares has been made, with the location having brilliant connectivity to utilities. The plant configuration is exemplary, with integration with the best available technologies.
Integrated steel plan to cater to strong domestic demand
- There is a strong domestic steel demand, with Saudi steel capacity utilisation being less than 50 percent, and a majority of flat steel being imported
- With ageing steel plants and KSA being one with the highest carbon footprint, the integrated green flat steel facility will be a game-changer in the region
- Iron Ore Reserves: Integration opportunity with Wadi Sawawin Iron Ore Mines