Essar Steel celebrates National Safety Day
Mar 8th, 2016
In support to the initiative of National Safety Council of India, Essar Steel celebrated a weeklong event on Safety from 27th Feb 2016 to 4th March 2016 at Hazira. The focus of the 45th National Safety Week was to create a safe work culture and eradication of accidents.
The objectives were to create awareness among the employees and contract labour on the significance of Safety in all spheres of life, and to prevent mishaps and accidents resulting from negligence or lack of awareness.
The theme for this year’s National Safety Week was “STRENGHEN SAFETY MOVEMENT TO ACHIEVE ZERO HARM”.
Many activities were conducted in order to drive the message:
- Display of banners at various locations of Essar Heavy Engineering Services (EHES) & Steel Projects, Hazira
- Distribution of Safety Badges among 1,200 employees & workers
- Competitions like Safety Poster making, Slogan and Poems
- Spot the Hazard competition for employees and contractor supervisors
- Safety Training Programmes on Work at height, Waste handling management and Enhance near miss reporting
- Impromptu Speech on safety topics
- Safety audits were also carried out for various production departments in EHES and contractors engaged for EHES production.
Last year, Essar Steel was also recognised by World Steel Association for its safety leadership initiatives