The genesis of Essar Projects aligns with that of the Essar Group, which began as a construction company in 1969, working on marine and offshore contracts, gradually becoming the first Indian Company to lay Offshore Pipelines for ONGC in 1982, .
Over the years, Essar Projects has honed its skills to become a leading Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) company offering its clients unique, collaborative end-to-end projects’ delivery model that is backward integrated into supply chain and forward integrated into the operator’s mind set – through sister company links. Our footprint spreads across India, Middle East, Europe, South-East Asia, Americas and also some of the challenging geographies of Africa and Australasia.
Wherever we go, team Essar Projects carries with it the “Owner’s Perspective” in project delivery!
- 35MMTPA Refining capacity
- 3.7 MMCM of Tankages capacity
- 3 MMTPA Fertilizer Complex
- 10 MMTPA Integrated Steel Plant complex
- 2.5 MMTPA Plate Mill and 0.6 MMTPA Pipe Mill with L-Saw, H-Saw & Coating Plant
- 27MMTPA capacity of Beneficiation and 31 MMTPA Pelletization Plants
- Various Steel Plant Projects for SAIL, JSPL, JSW and Tata Steel
- Fertilizer Projects for Matix and IFFCO
- Over 3,900 MW of Power Generation capacity - including Coal, Gas & Multi-fuel
- 5,500 km of cross-country Oil & Gas, Water and Slurry pipelines - through rough terrains - in India, Madagascar and Abu Dhabi
- Design, Fabrication and Installation of Offshore Platforms, Subsea Rigid & Flexible Pipelines, SPMs, FPSO Moorings and Subsea Cable Laying
- Hydrocarbon and Pipeline Projects in Middle East for major players like TAKREER, GASCO, BOROUGE, Saudi Aramco, KGOC and KNPC
- 160 MMTPA Portscapacity including 100,000 DWT Liquid Cargo Handling Berths and 150,000 DWT Dry Bulk Cargo Handling Berths
- India's first mega scale commercial RoRo jetty for Ropax ferries in waters with 10m tidal variation (highest variation for any RoRo jetty in India & second highest in the world
- Multi Modal Transit Transport Projects in Myanmar
- Airport Project in tough geography of Papua New Guinea
What we bring to the Table?
- Offer full-spectrum Value-Engineered EPC Solutions
- Capability of delivering projects of scale, size and complexity across diverse sectors
- Specialised team for Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Project Management
- Integrate lessons from O&M experience into basic design & execution philosophy for new projects
- Competitive sourcing & procurement through Cost-Model analysis, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) framework and comprehensive vendor research
- Innovative construction management philosophy including modularization
- Own fleet of specialised state-of-art equipment and large fabrication facility with waterfront
- Extensive labour management capability (handled 25,000+ peak manpower at a single site)
Safety FirstEssar Projects maintains highest standards of systems in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE). Since 2012, we have logged over 260 million safe man-hours at various project sites - completed / under execution. Our Average Lost Time Incident Frequency Rate (LTIFR) has been0.06 as against the global construction industry average of 0.3. EPL has achieved a Total Recordable Incident Frequency Rate (TRFR) of 0.86 as against 1.8 of OSHA USA (publication average for the year 2011).