- We understand that the special court has no jurisdiction in matters where no corruption charges have been alleged
- Essar has always maintained CBI's charges have nothing to do with the 2G scam or any corruption charge
- Reiterate that charges only relate to interpretation of Clause 8 violation of the UASL guidelines
- Clause 8 violation in the past by other companies has never attracted any such charges by the CBI or Department of Telecommunication
- Unprecedented that such charges have been made despite regulatory agencies confirming there is no Clause 8 violation and that this is only a contractual issue
- Essar denies all charges, will take legal recourse
- Essar is a law abiding corporate and in full compliance with all UASL license provisions.
- Essar has full faith in the judiciary and will take all possible steps available to it in law to protect its reputation
Essar Group is surprised that the special court has taken cognizance of the matter even though there is no charge of corruption made by CBI.
Essar is advised that the special court has no jurisdiction in matters where no corruption charges have been alleged. Essar will take further legal recourse to defend its position.
Charges filed by the CBI only relate to interpretation of contractual issues, even though DoT has neither complained of Clause 8 violation or cheating as alleged by the CBI. In fact CBI has also gone contrary to the opinion given by MCA and Law Ministry regarding the allegation of Clause 8 violation.
Essar has always maintained that it is in full compliance of all UASL guidelines. This has been validated at every stage by various arms of the government.
About Essar Group:
The Essar Group is a multinational conglomerate and a leading player in the sectors of Steel, Oil & Gas, Power, BPO & Telecom Services, Shipping, Ports, and Projects. With operations in more than 25 countries across five continents, the Group employs 75,000 people, and has revenues of USD 17 billion. For additional information, visit www.essar.com
Parikshit Kaul, GM, Corporate Communications (New Delhi), Essar Group,+91 98735 70816, email@example.com
Rabin Ghosh, DGM,Corporate Communications, Essar Group, + 91 99301 36268, firstname.lastname@example.org