Mumbai, 8 February 2017: Essar Projects, a leading EPC (Engineering Procurement & Construction) company, today announced that it has won a contract for a 100-km pipeline from GSPL India Gasnet Ltd. (GIGL). The project involves laying of natural gas pipelines, with diametres ranging from 12 inches to 18 inches, between Jalandhar and Amritsar, a critical segment of the 2,100-km Mehsana–Bhatinda–Jammu–Srinagar Pipeline (MBJSPL) project that passes through 29 districts in five states.
The MBJSPL project has been initiated to cater to the growing demand for natural gas in India, which is the world’s third largest energy consuming country and accounts for nearly a third of the global consumption. GIGL was incorporated in 2011 as a Special Purpose Vehicle to build the pipeline, and is promoted by GSPL (Gujarat State Petronet Ltd, a GSPC company) along with Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum. The Jalandhar-Amritsar section is among the three sections for which GIGL recently completed the tender evaluation process.
Essar Projects has a proven track record of executing cross-country pipelines that carry oil & gas, water, as well as iron ore slurry through challenging geographies and tough terrains. Until date, the company has successfully executed over 5,500 km of cross-country pipelines in India and overseas, servicing clients like GAIL, GSPC, Indian Oil, Hindustan Petroleum, Bharat-Oman Refinery, Takreer, Gasco and Ambatovy Minerals.
Mr Shiba Panda, Managing Director, Essar Projects, said: “We are proud to be associated with a project that is integral to building a countrywide gas pipeline grid for India. This win reinforces our expertise as a world-class EPC contractor in the Pipeline segment.”
About Essar Projects
Essar Projects is a leading EPC (Engineering Procurement & Construction) company that offers a collaborative end-to-end project delivery model, which is backward integrated into the supply chain and forward integrated into customer needs. The company has over four decades of experience in executing mega projects in sectors such as Hydrocarbons (Refinery, Petrochemical & Fertiliser Plants); Tankages and Terminals; Pipelines (Oil & Gas, Water, Slurry and Subsea); Offshore (Platforms, SPM & PLEM); Infrastructure (Ports, Jetties, Airports, Railway, Buildings & Townships); Minerals & Metals (Steel Plants, Sinter Feed, Beneficiation & Pelletisation Plants, and Material Handling Systems); and Power Plants (Coal, Gas, Multi-fuel and Hydel).
Essar Projects’ active involvement in initial operations and maintenance, through the stabilisation phase of world-class manufacturing units of a wide range of Essar businesses, has helped in honing its expertise, adding O&M experience in the execution of turnkey projects. Essar Projects is therefore able to extend its EPC offering from concept to commissioning and beyond. Assisting in this is an in-house multidisciplinary Engineering & Project Management division, as well as a Procurement division with strong vendor networks. The company owns a state-of-the-art fabrication facility and a large bank of construction equipment. For details, please visit www.essarprojects.com
Essar Projects is a leading EPC contractor for oil, gas, slurry and water pipelines. With capability to design, plan and execute complex pipeline projects, we have a track record of laying over 5,500 km of onshore and offshore pipelines in the toughest terrains.
Oil & Gas Pipelines
- Entire Gas Gathering System including Trunklines & Pipelines of upto 300 km & 35 Compressor Stations for CBM Field Development at Raniganj, West Bengal, India
- 28" Dia x 403 km Crude Pipeline – Salaya-Mathura Debottlenecking, for IOCL, India
- 30" Dia x 200 km Bharuch-Jamnagar Gas Pipeline, for Gujarat State Petronet Ltd. (GSPL), India
- 48" Dia x 330 km Vijaipur-Dadri Gas Pipeline for GAIL (India) Ltd., India
- 24" Dia x 503 km Vadinar-Bina Crude Oil Pipeline, for Bharat Oman Refinery Ltd. (BORL), India
- 30" Dia x 140 km Dahej-Uran Gas Pipeline, for GAIL (India) Ltd., in India
- 18" Dia x 550 km Mundra-Delhi Product Pipeline, for Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (HPCL), India
- 28" Dia x 94.6 km each of Inter Refinery Twin Pipelines for Jet A1 and Gas Oil, from Ruwais to Mussafah for TAKREER, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- 24" Dia x 110 km Condensate Pipeline from Habshan to Ruwais , for GASCO, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Replacement of 18" Dia x 141 km Koyali-Viramgam Product Pipeline for IOCL, India
- 16" Dia x 267 km long Bailadila-Vizag Iron Ore Slurry Pipeline & Associated Works, for Hy-grade Pellets Ltd., India
- 20" Dia x 260 km long Joda-Paradip Iron Ore Slurry Pipeline for Essar Steel Ltd
- 24" Dia x 100 km Ambatovy Nickel Slurry Pipeline Project for SNC Lavalin at Madagascar
- 12" Dia x 3.5 km Slurry Pipeline at Minnesota for Essar Steel Minnesota Ltd
- 2300 mm Dia x 28.5 km Adundra Sujalam Sufalam Pipeline project for Gujarat Water Resources Development Corporation Ltd. (GWRDCL), Gujarat, India
- 2300 mm Dia x 51 km Dhanki-Navada Bulk Water Transmission for Gujarat Water Infrastructure Ltd. (GWIL), Gujarat, India
- 3035 mm Dia x 20 km Twin Pipelines, pumping station & allied works, for Sauni Yojana project of Narmada Water Resources Water Supply & Kalpsar Department (NWRWSKD), Gujarat, India
For media contact
Manish Kedia, Senior Vice President - Corporate Affairs , Essar
Phone: +91 98197 30092, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ravi Muthreja, Vice President - Corporate Communication, Essar
Phone: + +91 99301 34566, Email : Ravi.Muthreja@essar.com