On key markets
With over four decades of project management expertise across multiple business sectors, EPL has successfully erected and commissioned projects with complexities of both scale and design. Over the last two decades, EPL’s contracting capacity and expertise has been instrumental in facilitating Essar in its multi-billion dollar asset creation phase.
Impeccable track record
Today EPL has firmly established itself as the second-largest EPC company in India with revenues approaching US$ 2 billion in 2010-2011 and the company is executing orders worth approximately US$ 10 billion in India and overseas with unexecuted orders of over US$ 6 billion.
On key priorities
In line with EPL’s constant endeavour to deliver more value, the company has been restructured into sector-wise business units — steel, power, hydrocarbons, pipelines and terminals, ports and jetties, civil and buildings, and offshore — each headed by a CEO. The restructuring aims to unleash the potential of EPL’s constituent businesses as well as make them more competitive.
- EPL Hydrocarbons Business Unit: The hydrocarbons business unit benefits from EPL’s expertise of having delivered the 14-MMTPA (and an ongoing expansion to 20 MMTPA) Essar Oil’s refinery at Vadinar. The business unit is currently constructing core components of the 15-MMTPA IOCL refinery at Paradip.
- EPL Steel Business Unit: The steel business unit draws from EPL’s immense experience of executing world-class steel plants for Essar Steel of enormous scale, size and complexity spanning all types of steel manufacturing technologies.
- EPL Ports and Jetties Business Unit: The ports and jetties business unit benefits from the collective expertise across Essar wherein Essar has had a role in the development of almost every major port in India.
- EPL Pipelines & Terminals Business Unit: he pipelines & terminals business unit benefits from EPL’s extensive track record in installation and commissioning of all types of pipelines across challenging terrains both in India and overseas. The business unit is particularly well-placed with its specialized expertise in slurry pipelines.
- EPL Power Business Vertical: The power business unit has about 11,000MW of generating capacity currently under execution across multiple sites pan-India.
- Essar Offshore Sub Sea Ltd: This division is well placed to scale new heights in both brownfield and greenfield offshore sectors.
- EPL Civil & Buildings Business Unit: The civil & buildings business unit, with its expertise of building the Hazira and Vadinar townships is now aiming to leverage its experience in the wider market.
- Essar Heavy Engineering Services (EHES): This business unit provides critical competitive advantage to EPL’s project execution and delivery capability with the ability to manage and control the fabrication content of large EPC projects.
A true EPC company
Successful project completion involves a group of enabling core strengths – skilled management, technical expertise, systems and key vendor and sub-contractor network and EPL has successfully transformed itself from a construction to a true EPC company. EPL’s capabilities are on par with the best in India and the company has successfully competed against many foreign companies.
EPL relies on technology partnerships, engineering skills and management of the supply chain to achieve a competitive position in the market. In each of its core sectors, the elements of the delivery chain have been split into their components and there is a continuous dialogue with all partners and stakeholders to deliver cost-reduction and value-addition. With focus on timely delivery as a key value driver for its customers, the company has successfully effected integration of critical activities like fabrication to manage project delivery competitively.
With its enviable track record of executing a portfolio of mega projects across sectors as diverse as steel and refining, and its endeavour to deliver value addition to clients, EPL is poised to become a leading player in the EPC space. The best, as they say, is yet to come!
|Built 16MMPTA of refining capacity|
|Developed over 10 million tons of steel capacity|
|Laid more than 5,000km of pipelines|
|Developing 11,000MW power generation capacity|
|Executing US$ 450 million offshore projects|
|Executing US$ 750 million of ports and jetty projects|